I hope everyone is enjoying the cooler weather. One of my favorite things to do in the afternoon is hang out in the backyard and watch the dogs. It's much nicer to do this when it's not 100+ degrees outside. The end of September marked the seventh month since my birthday and I continue to make progress on this journey called life.
In my last update, I told you that I tried green and orange veggies. I continue to like vegetables but I've discovered that fruit is my true passion. Bananas are my absolute favorite! When I see mom mashing them, I get so excited that I wiggle in my high chair, lean forward, and open my mouth like a baby bird. Pears and apples are also delicious but not as much as bananas. I also tried dates, which are good but perhaps a little too sweet for me right now.
Things I learned and experienced in September
- I can sit up by myself for a few moments at a time
- I started using a pacifier this month and find it to be quite soothing
- It's really fun to yell at the top of my lungs! Mom says I sound like the singer from Deelite's "Groove is in the Heart"
- While mom does her cardio/elliptical workout in the garage, I use the Exersaucer to keep in top baby shape
- My toes were my favorite body part in September; how I love to suck on them
- It's not just toes, all objects must go in my mouth
- Mom likes to read to me while I try to eat the book (are you seeing a pattern here?)
- I broke out in an eczema rash all over my back; we're not sure of the cause but it's much better now thanks to a prescription for ointment
- Songs of the Month: Wild Rover, America the Beautiful, Mary Had a Little Lamb
- Toys of the Month: Johnny Jump Up, Exersaucer, Baby Books
- Spending Labor Day morning on the American River
- Hanging out with Dad in the backyard
- Daddy likes to whisper sweet nothings in my ear
- I love to suck on my tasty toes
- Staying limber is part of my 2028 Olympic training
- No joke, this is how I spent most of September
- Waking up from a nap. Where is everybody?
- The Great Sit Part I -- mom is holding my back for balance
- The Great Sit Part II -- there I am doing it all by myself!
- The Great Sit Part III -- timber!!!!!!!!!!
- The Great Sit Part IV -- recuperating
- The Great Sit Part V -- pep talk from Coach Dad, "OK Fianna, here's our strategy for Round 2"
Growth Chart: At my six month checkup, I weighed 14 pounds, 13 ounces, up 135% since birth. My height was 26.5 inches, up 43% since birth.
|6 lbs, 5 oz
|10 lbs, 10 oz
|13 lbs, 12 oz
|14 lbs, 13 oz
This is a picture of me in my crib at 3 weeks of age. See how little I was?
Take a look at me now! I barely fit sideways in the crib.