October was a most magical month! Daddy took four weeks off from work and spend a lot of time bonding with me. We went to Lake Tahoe and Santa Cruz, received a wonderful visit from Grandma Diane, and had a great time on Halloween.
We spent two nights in Lake Tahoe and had a ball. We took a cruise on the lake, hiked on the Lake Tahoe rim trail, and went on the gondola ride at Heavenly.
What fun it was to spend three days with Grandma Laurie, Grandpa Rick, Dad, and Mom in Santa Cruz. We did so many things, it's hard for me to even count them all. We stayed at a beautiful home overlooking the ocean, went to a great pumpkin patch, saw sea lions on the pier, walked through a grove of redwoods, observed a monarch butterfly migration, and visited some old family haunts. We all had a wonderful time.
A Little About Me
- I am sitting pretty well but don't always enjoy holding myself up; I like to take frequent breaks
- I like people to read to me so that I can eat the books
- Bananas are still my very favorite food; I look forward to them each morning
- It's pretty easy to get me to sleep if you sing Irish ballads to me
- Grandma Diane has been experimenting with which colors look best on me; she thinks I am probably a Summer
- I find it's easier to roll to a destination and much more efficient than it is to crawl
- I began babbling in October; bah bah dah la
- It's fun to go shopping with mom; we like to stroll through the mall while people smile at me
At my last well-check, I continued to trend ahead of average on height and below average on weight... long and lean! My Growth Chart:
|6 lbs, 5 oz
|10 lbs, 10 oz
|13 lbs, 12 oz
|14 lbs, 13 oz
|16 lbs, 15 oz
- Cruise on Lake Tahoe
- Ahhh the good life!
- Hiking in Lake Tahoe
- Giddyup mom! Perhaps I will be a jockey someday?
- I am so cute, I can even make Daddy laugh
- Life is good!
- Gondola ride. Really mom, are the ears necessary?
- My first swing ride was so fun
- The indoctrination begins...
- Crashing in the morning after partying all night long in Santa Cruz
- Grandpa let me borrow his hat in Santa Cruz
- Visit to the pumpkin patch in Santa Cruz
- I think this looks like a good place to rest my dogs
- Now this is just silly