Life is getting better and better! I am now more alert and aware of my surroundings and enjoy spending time with my loved ones. I especially like when people read to me, sing to me, and make funny faces. Most of all, I love getting hugs and kisses from my family and friends.
June was a very busy month. Below are the highlights:
Amador Wine Country: While I am far too young to drink wine, I enjoyed spending the day with Grandma Laurie and Grandma Diane. We had lunch at one of the wineries, visited the Bressler's property, and went to a couple of other hotspots in the area. It was a nice day and a lovely car ride.
My Second Trip to Southern California: I started racking up the frequent flyer miles with another trip to Southern California. While there were many highlights from the trip, I especially wanted to attend the 45th wedding anniversary celebration for Grandma & Grandpa Hatch. Being the newest member of the family, I thought it was extremely important to give my congratulations in person. We went out to a nice dinner at the Northwoods Inn and had a wonderful time . Aunt Annette made a beautiful cake that I am told was delicious. I also met cousins Donovan and Braeden for the first time and boy, they were a hoot! During my visit to their home, Braeden graciously offered me graham crackers and milk, which I respectfully turned down due to my limited diet. Donovan made me a beautiful balloon that I will always cherish. I love them very much and am looking forward to seeing them again.
Father's Day: I gave Daddy lots of kisses on Father's Day. Mommy and I bought him a networking device that no one but him understands, a book about Ronald Reagan, and a mouse pad with my picture. We also went over to the Bressler's for dinner and had a fabulous time.
Things I learned and experienced in June
- I can hold my hands together and have much better control of my limbs
- I learned that my left hand is just as delicious as my right
- I laughed for the first time
- I am sleeping through the night... 7-10 hours at a time; this is mommy's favorite accomplishment
- I can concentrate on activities for longer periods of time (e.g. paying attention while someone reads to me, playing with educational toys, etc.)
- My favorite songs: Waltzing Matilda, Hush Little Baby, The Wheels on the Bus
- My favorite books: Goodnight Moon, I Love You, Goodnight, Are you My Mother?
Fianna's Growth Chart
|Birth||18.5 in.||N/A||6 lbs, 5 oz||N/A|
|2 months||22.25 in||50th||10 lbs, 10 oz||50th|
|4 months||24.5 in.||50th||13 lbs, 12 oz||50th|
- Hangin' with the Grandmas in Amador Wine Country.
- Grandma Diane read to me and soothed me during her visit in early June.
- I just did something sneaky!
- Working out my back and neck muscles
- Spending time with "the man"
- I love you this much!
- I love my interactive kick toy; it lights up when I kick.
- Father's Day at the Bressler's.
- Daddy loves me more than Guinness!
- Daddy helps me with my back exercises.
- I enjoy relaxing in the bathtub after a long day.
- Spending time with Grandma Donna.
- Aunt Linda and Robie the Wonder dog -- he loves babies!
- Morning playtime with Grandpa Russ
- Aunt Lea with me at the anniversary celebration
- Natasha holding me; she's mommy's long-time friend
- Donovan making funny faces; he is very good with babies!
- The best balloon ever! Donovan made this for me.
- Still a little dazed after my nap but loved spending time with Aunt Annette
- Donovan and Braeden "asking" Uncle Tim to stop talking.
- Having lunch at the Yangtze with Aunt Bette & Uncle Skip.